Über AdvancedMD Billing Services

AdvancedMD is a medical office software suite with cloud-based, integrated physician-patient workflow solutions including: practice management/medical billing, electronic health records, telemedicine, patient engagement, practice...

Alle Bewertungen zu AdvancedMD Billing Services Filter anwenden

Yaima O.
  • Branche: Buchhaltung

Bewertet am 13.5.2020

AdvancedMD EHR PM review

Excellent experience with Advanced MD. They take suggestions and ideas and implement some of them.

AdvancedMD is a system that you can trust to do your billing. We can bill, track claims, verify insurance coverage and post payments easily.

I feel that medications on the EHR side needs to improve and more billing reports.

Kareo Clinical und eClinicalWorks

Gründe für den Wechsel zu AdvancedMD Billing Services

Pm side with ECW was not accurate and couldn't control Aging Report. Reports where not matching numbers and contacted support without resolution (I had one provider testing the software) Support for ECW is located in India and Advanced MD is US based. Support with ECW was not easy and very time consuming. Very hard to get anything resolved.
Tiffanie boeve B.

Bewertet am 12.8.2019

Once your actually trained the product is great

It has a lot of really amazing features that really cut down on manual work.

Training. We hardly received any training and due to that have really struggled with using the software and wasted a lot of time. Once you know how to use it, it really is great but the training needs major improvement.

Therabill

Warum AdvancedMD Billing Services gewählt wurde

AMD bought out Nuemd so we had to make the switch. Overall I am very pleased with the upgrade once we get the full functionality of the software. We will be attending their seminar to really learn how to use it to the fullest. I am confident once we have gotten that level of training we will really love it much more than we do right now.

Zuvor genutzte Software

NueMD

Price and functionality

Bewertet am 14.7.2021

NOT actually Mac compatible and they don't care that it's not even though advertised as such.

Terrible. Our trainer was great. Occasionally we will get a decent support person but overall this isn't really a very functional EHR and it does NOT work for Mac users no matter what their advertising says.

It's highly customizable which, if it worked well, would be amazing. The best part of this software for our practice is the ability (mostly) for patients to "self serve" when they need copies of their records. If it's all saved into a PDF properly and marked viewable and signed, then patients can print them from their portal page.

Despite their advertising it's not actually Mac compatible. Safari never worked for printing a variety of things including paper claims. They took 10 weeks to acknowledge this & they aren't fixing it. Now, as of June, Chrome for Mac users also won't print paper claims. Despite it being a VITAL part of running a practice for anyone submitting for auto or WC insurances, they don't seem to care. It's now been nearly 6 weeks since this was identified & they don't have any ETA for a fix & no indication they ever will. Not sure what we will have to do since this practice has a number of auto/WC patients where the electronic billing doesn't work well since they then deny having received the medical records needed to process claims. You cannot attach medical records to the electronic claims for AdvancedMD.

They also don't have enough support. It's now common to wait over 30 minutes to connect with a support professional if you call in the afternoon. Given how many things are glitchy and either don't work or stop working, this becomes a common practice of contacting support. When they have updates, the information in the carrier files has been known to just drop off & it has to be re-entered into the master files in order to submit claims.

Die besten Alternativen zu AdvancedMD Billing Services

Erin C.

Bewertet am 14.7.2021

AMD for Billing

Generally good, but there are frustrating features.

The reports are great and the option to export is life-saving. Running patient payments is a breeze.

There are too many different screens to go to for information and the notes aren't separated by DOS.

Rock L.
  • Branche: Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness

Bewertet am 23.8.2019

Medical Billing

So many bells and whistles it can be overwhelming. It is not user friendly for Billing Companies.

Not much but it does have a lots of bells and whistles

As a Medical Billing Company it's not very user friendly. Since our clients do not use the scheduler it makes it more labor intensive for data entry. Too many clicks of a mouse to get the information entered.

NueMD

Gründe für den Wechsel zu AdvancedMD Billing Services

Currently all but two of my clients use NueMd (Which AdvancedMd bought) I was unable to start a new account in Nuemd so I thought that the transition from NueMd to AdvancedMd would be a good idea. Currently it is not going to happen. NueMd is much more user friendly for Billing Companies.
Derek C.

Bewertet am 25.6.2018

Overall a great medical in house billing software and insurance check

Cloud based in house billing, insurance eligibility checks on each patient that comes in and it can be set up to be run before patient ever walks through the door, easy back end work on denied claims, and reasonably priced availability to send out patient bills

Easy for new medical billers to learn, easy for established medical billers to learn, quality one on ones to learn, instruction videos are very helpful, customer/tech support does their job very well, only had system go down once in 2 years and it was very brief and emails were sent to inform of outage, can add features that fit your practice

sometimes on hold to get through to tech/customer service for an extended period (once you are through they answer all your questions and give you undivided attention, some desired features that should be included cost extra, changing some services that were once included to pay for each time.

Maryellen H.

Bewertet am 17.7.2017

I am completely a new-beeeee!! It has been a short learning curve type of system -

Most of it makes sense in a synopsis = I have not been a computer user overall and to actually begin with this system on a daily basis was a definite concern to me ,sleepless nights, that kind of thing. However, there was nothing to be concerned with. Its too easy!

Little to least like because it is well thought out. The questions can easily be answered by the tech support or our billing service. They interface with us and I can go directly to them if I get confused on any new topics. I have had difficulty with tech support realizing I am a contact person for our office, they seem to not have that on file although I have had our billing service address listing me numerous times and if any complaint - the tech support level one tries hard to address questions but it did take me far too many times w/level one techs to finally send me to have a repeated issue resolved by a higher tech dept. in your system.

Bewertet am 23.11.2020

Simple but highly integrated EHR/PM software ideal for the small to medium sized practice

I absolutely love using this software for medical billing. It is extremely simple to use and has enough customizations available for most practices. EHR integration makes charge review and claim submission easier than it should be. I wish that reports were more customizable, and that it was a bit more intuitive. Some things just don't work like you would expect. Those small quibbles wouldn't hold be back from recommending the system to anyone.

Lots of features and very user friendly. Charge creation and claim submission goes very quickly. Plenty of options depending on the complexity of your practice.

Could be more intuitive in regards to updating patient information.

Bewertet am 15.12.2019

Is it worth it?

I can't say that I love AdvancedBilling. For how much it costs I feel like the interface needs to be easier and my questions should be answered by customer service much faster. I am still learning how everything works after 6 months. The training they provided from the billing side of things was lacking.

- Does a good job of scrubbing claims before submission to check for errors
- Has a robust number of features and reports
- Customer service can help answer routine questions fairly quickly

- Some of the errors the claim checker finds do not seem tailored to ophthalmology (my field)
- Not a very intuitive interface and lots of features are hard to find
- Larger issues have been somewhat difficult to get answers from customer service
- The monthly subscription fee is pretty high

Danica N.

Bewertet am 16.10.2018

Advanced Md Billing

Entering, editing, and submitting claims is easy to do, a step by step guide assist you. Patient billing has ticker system which makes it easy to keep up with who is paying, making monthly payment arrangement payments, and who is not paying.

Some of the steps, while easy to get to, have some cumbersome spots, such as finding old claims submissions and having to look for reports of previous submissions.

Lois E.
  • Branche: Psychische Gesundheitsfürsorge

Bewertet am 9.7.2020

Review of AdvancedMD

We have been very pleased with AdvancedMD. The support contacts are easily accessible and provide assistance until the issue is resolved. The support team have always been courteous and professional. I am happy that AdvancedMD was chosen and it has proven to be a wonderful system for both practice management and EHR.

When our office began the process of implementing EHR, we reviewed multiple systems, narrowed it down to the top three, and then had demonstrations. AdvancedMD came out on the top due to the ability to customize documents for the chart and also text documents. We are able to run reports from the information that we have "customized" into the chart notes, which has been extremely valuable. The AdvancedInsight feature has also been very helpful in generating reports customized to specific needs that we have.

The prescription feature could be improved upon. Providers would like to select multiple prescriptions and send refill with one click. Our clinic has multiple services offered and we would love to see additional options with the scheduling feature so that a "block" of different services could be scheduled at one time.

Erin B.
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Bewertet am 9.7.2020

Advanced MD

We have been on this system since 1/2013. The conversion went fairly well. Since we are a very large practice with 24+ physicians and 16 locations, we understand we want/need some very specific reports. We have been able to figure out most of them with a variety of report types. I partake in the Product Advisory Group where we can voice suggestions for improvement and get to add feedback on future upgrades, etc. Compared to the system that we had converted from, this was a dream!

Has an easy to use, ad hoc reporting system to pull quick reports from Flex Reports. Training videos available at all times as well as the system user manual. System interfaces with our EHR system so charge entry is no longer a manual process.

The payment posting for insurance companies is not user friendly and needs an overhaul. But much better than our previous system. Lack of ability to effectively track prior authorization use but they are working on an enhancement. Payment plans for patients for balances on accounts is non-existent. Upgrade for custom reports writer is not user friendly.

Bryan W.

Bewertet am 21.7.2017

I am very impressed with AdvancedMD. They have thought of almost everything!

Efficiency and a more intelligent workflow.

The workflow makes a lot of sense. As a mid-sized billing service, I love the CBO Option. This allows us to work across all of our clients' databases at once, without having to log in-and-out of individual databases. This has greatly improved our efficiency! I also love the fact that AdvancedMD reviews our claims before they go out the door using professional claims review software. This software anticipates any potential coding issues or other problems on the claim before they even go to the clearinghouse. This helps us reduce our denial rate. The denials module is great - it has streamlined our denials management process in that we no longer work from paper. We now work from intelligently-created queues. This is another HUGE time saver. The Collections Lists for working Accounts Receivable is also well thought-out. We used to have to run paper reports in our old system to work Accounts Receivable. We now create work lists for our collections team and assign various payers to these work lists. This not only helps our collectors work A/R more efficiently, but it helps our supervisors manage the A/R queues better. Lastly, I love the Statement Module for patient statements. It is so easy and effortless to do patient collections now. AdvancedMD can even be set up to write off accounts that need to go to the Collection Agency automatically, and prepare a file that can easily be transmitted to our third-party collection agency. Great software!

As a cloud-based product, it can be a little slow occasionally, but not excessively slow. There are a couple of other small things I wish the software did differently, but I has certainly has exceeded my expectations.

Manik C.
  • Unternehmensgröße: 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Bewertet am 18.5.2020

Great Product with One stop Solution ( EMR/PM/Reports/Interfaces/Integration/Open Edge)

I am using this system for 18 years now. All our clients using AdvancedMD and they simply love it. One word to make the client happy - Choose "AdvancedMD" .

One stop solution helped us tremendously to improve our work flow. Reporting is phenomenal - You can do whatever you wanted to to build your customized reports. Easy to learn and easy to implement.

Add on modules shouldn't cost separate. You should have one module which should have A-Z features.

Shannon B.
  • Branche: Unternehmensberatung

Bewertet am 6.2.2018

Decent system for a small practice

The system is pretty straight forward and easy to use. The basic billing features (submitting claims, posting payments) are easy to do. The collections module is helpful and the authorization tracking is pretty nice.

We find that they do not have upgrades very often and do not take customer comments and suggestions into consideration very often. For being a web based system it is not the easiest to set up due to Active X controls and certain browser setting requirements. Reporting is lacking, even in basic data, unless you purchase their pricey reporting module.

Ashley B.

Bewertet am 14.5.2018

Very pleasant with few problems. No major complaints.

No major commitments, easy usage and all inclusive support.

I like how user-friendly the system is. Our clients are able to use the software with greatest of ease. I do enjoy the updates that are made frequently to add features that clients, such as myself, have suggested to AdvancedMD.

AdvancedMD has a decent reporting module, but can have an even more robust mechanism for additional fees. This is frustrating since the fee is a monthly fee per billable provider. So, for reporting that may not be day-to-day, the cost over shadows the benefits by a long shot.

Mike D.

Bewertet am 29.11.2016

Always Happy with My Decision

I have been a using the AdvancedMD software for almost 4 years now. I have been very pleased from the start. I am a medical billing client so I have brought on several new clients and the onboarding process is made very easy with all of the support that is provided.

The software has all of the features necessary to process clean claims as well as keeping follow up in order when the insurance companies deny some of the claims.

The biggest drawback for me is the limited platform that the software can be used with.

Kacy N.

Bewertet am 29.11.2016

ADVANCED MD SOFTWARE REVIEW

Advanced MD is doing some is doing some much needed upgrades. Reports are much better and easier to breakdown into categories then previously. However, since upgrade of Collection module, more difficult to use and not as user friendly as before upgrade. Insurance reversal has always been more complicated than it should be.

Much needed upgrades are nice and software overall user friendly.

Collection module and inability to run reports easily.

Linda W.

Bewertet am 11.6.2021

The service would be good if they could make it faster

I am planning on changing but put it off for 2020 and 2021.

This PM system is easy to use. There are some good features like eligibility check and the layout of the daily schedule. When you do get a support person they are usually good and not outsourced.

The system is so very slow. On the weekends it is impossible to work at all as they must slow down the servers even more. There is no function to auto send an email as a bill directly to the patient. You have to use their credit card company and machine to use the patient portal for payments. The PM does not directly connect to Fl Shots. Every extra module is an extra cost. Most of the hold time for support is very long.

Cathy H.
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Bewertet am 15.5.2018

Great product. Very user friendly.

Better productivity

The Claims Center is an awesome feature. Scrubbing for various errors before claims are sent out. Also, easily determining if a claims batch failed during transmission.

I have no dislikes with this software. Perhaps there are some things which could be simplified; however no product is 100% perfect and AdvancedMD is constantly doing updates with improvements.

Lorilynn L.

Bewertet am 21.7.2017

It was a rough start

Workflow and consistency. I like that AMD works with other vendors to make the process easy and effective

The efficiency of productivity. I like the functionality and work flow. It's not that easy to understand at start, but with some consistency, best practices are developed.

Training, set up and start up. It's pretty instense to start up a new practice, way too many steps for EDI set up and customization. It would be nice if a development team would be able to hand hold during this process, the switch over from another product is time consuming and difficult already.

Heather K.

Bewertet am 31.10.2016

Good features for front office staff, lacks ease of use for back office staff

set up and installation was easy and quick, the tutorials are great and very helpful - the main issue for us is how the copay applies to the date of service and the billing department can not post a payment to the line unless the balance is in the correct column so there's a lot of back and forth just to get a payment posted.

secondary payments post themselves when balance exactly matches, color coded schedules, most of the time the ERA's post automatically

having to switch back into an account to un-apply a copay or change the balance back to insurance when trying to post incoming payments - time consuming

Susan C.

Bewertet am 18.8.2017

I am a fan of this software, easiest system I have ever used

That it is web based, it is user friendly, and I like the reporting capabilities. Whenever I call support they are friendly, easy to understand and extremely helpful.

I would like the software to be able to be able to merge duplicate patients. At times the system is slow or freezes. I would also like to be able to access multiple keys at the same time.

Kevin M.
  • Branche: Unternehmensberatung

Bewertet am 12.5.2020

Very Happy

We have used Adv Md for over 9 years and have been happy with the system and the support they have given us in those years.
Love that we have a person [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] that we can call or email with questions and not just be a number on hold if we need support.

The integration of the system with there EHR and other programs we use.

Wish they had 1 price for the whole system.

Lauren M.
  • Branche: Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness

Bewertet am 11.2.2019

Great medical biling software

This software does a great way of notifying me what needs to be checked on and updated. The software has improved our patient collections due to better statements being sent to our clients.

The reports are my favorite feature of this software. I like how I can check many different aspects of the billing software with a simple report.

The dashboard was a bit difficult to navigate at first, but now I have the hang of it. I like the amount of data listed on the dashboard, but it could be laid out a little better.

81 Bewertungen