Über Hubstaff

Egal, ob Unternehmen ein neues Team gründen oder nach einer besseren Möglichkeit suchen, Mitarbeitende zu verwalten, Hubstaff hat alles, um Teams sicher zu führen. Mit der innovativen und robusten Lösung für die Zeiterfassung...

Nutzerbewertungen zu Hubstaff durchsuchen

1.197 von 1.197 Bewertungen
Ewan M. Ewan M.
  • Branche: Unterhaltung

Bewertet am 20.7.2020

The best solution for integrated task management and thorough time tracking and reporting.

Very happy I moved from Time Doctor to Hubstaff. Huge improvements on all areas and a satisfying product to use. The experience is so good that I find myself wanting to stay with Hubstaff regardless of whether my need for time tracking reduces.

- Integrated Task Management platform (Hubstaff Tasks) allows for agile style task management that feeds appropriate tasks to user's timers.
- Nice user interface
- Good reporting functions
- Thorough tracking options
- Client/project budgets
- Very good Customer Support

- I discovered some bugs during usage (which the developers have ironed out)
- Time off / holiday allowance policy function is a great addition, but doesn't allow enough granularity as decimals of hours (or minutes) can't be used.

Clockify, Harvest, WorkPuls, Wrike, TMetric, Toggl Track und Everhour

Warum Hubstaff gewählt wurde

More accurate and granular control of task management needed. Also felt that Time Doctor was outdated from a UI perspective.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Hubstaff

Combination of functionality (thorough time tracking and agile task/project management), pricing, user experience and reviews.
Dejan L. Dejan L.
  • Branche: Non-Profit-Organisation Management

Bewertet am 29.7.2019

Productivity booster

It is a great product if you spent some time explaining the advantages to your colleagues. Otherwise, I might be seen as a tool that violates personal privacy and narrowly measures company productivity.

easy to use, stable desktop app, great visualizations and statistics, many possibilities for integration with another tools

some functionalities within this product are not fully customizable (e.g. idle time is set to min of 5 minutes), more flexibility would be great (e.g. you can`t enable or disable idle timer or disable manual adding/editing records within specific project/task.

Hi Dejan,
Thanks for your feedback!

We absolutely agree that it is important to have a conversation with your team in regards to the software and its capabilities to ensure they are on the same page and do not feel that it invades their privacy.
We understand that this type of conversation can be difficult and time consuming so we put a guide together to help with the transition https://support.hubstaff.com/transition-your-business-to-hubstaff/

If you have any questions feel free to reach out to our support team and we will be happy to help.

Thanks again!

Beantwortet am 5.8.2019
Yuri E. Yuri E.

Bewertet am 23.10.2021

Lightweight and trustworthy time tracker

The time tracker app is very lightweight and works well on Windows and Linux.
It tracks time very well and the hours get billed correctly. Overall it's a very trustworthy platform.

The Dashboard is a bit difficult to use and understand.

Die besten Alternativen zu Hubstaff

Diane S. Diane S.
  • Branche: Marketing & Werbung

Bewertet am 5.2.2019

Constantly Rated As Poor Productivity Even When Working Hard

My overall experience with this software is a very poor one. While I appreciate what you're trying to accomplish with the software, especially for remote employees such as myself, it just isn't working out for me personally. As I said earlier, it's going to wind up costing me my job because the software is telling my management that I'm not working when I am. The software also doesn't account for things like needing a lavatory break or taking our (legally required) paid time breaks. If I were to take my 30 minute paid time breaks every day, my productivity would just sink into the teens. There's also no way to account for meetings or times I am on the phone where I am still being productive and working but since I am not clicking anything or typing it thinks I am sitting doing nothing.

I like the way Hubstaff is designed. It's intelligent and user-friendly. It's sleek and very polished and up-to-date with modern design standards and as a user I am easily able to access the dashboard and different features and see the differences in productivity from minute to minute, see the screenshots, see the tracking points, etc. From the perspective of direct user experience, it's ace.

However, my qualms with Hubstaff far outweight its superior design structure. The program, to me, is broken. No matter how hard I work, I have never had a day above 40% productivity - and that only happened once. I am usually rate in the mid to high 20s, even on days when I am busting my butt to get work done. I don't know why I am having these problems with the software, because I know I am working, I know I am getting work done, but why am I being rated so poorly? This software is going to wind up costing me my job, and that makes me furious.

Hey Diane,

Sorry you aren't having a good experience. Let me explain how Hubstaff tracks activity, and if you still think you should be getting a higher score, please contact our 24/7 support team at [email protected]

Your activity levels may be lower or higher depending on your responsibilities. Manual and mobile time tracking can also lower your productivity levels so include a note to your employer letting them know what you were working on. Here is a helpful article about how activity levels are tracked: https://support.hubstaff.com/how-are-activity-levels-calculated/

Beantwortet am 8.2.2019
Maria F. Maria F.
  • Branche: Architektur & Planung

Bewertet am 11.11.2021

Time tracking for architects & engineers

Time tracking, HR features, url /app tracking, project management, good gps tracking, great 1 on 1 customer service.

Customization of PTO replenishment can be improved since some of employees PTO are based on contract date. Screenshot on ipad / tablets needed.

monday.com und Time Doctor

Warum Hubstaff gewählt wurde

Need better project management software with hrl & app tracking.

My Hours

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Hubstaff

Good time tracking, HR features, url /app tracking, project management, great 1 on 1 customer service.
Zachary K. Zachary K.
  • Branche: Professionelles Training & Coaching

Bewertet am 2.7.2021

Winning with Hubstaff

Great experience. Love the company and the staff.

We have an overseas team of Filipino employees that are amazing and Hubstaff really helps us with Time and Activity tracking. They are so trustworthy, but it's nice to know that they are actually doing their jobs correctly. The screen capture software enabled us to solve an internal dispute about managing some finances and resulted in one employee being let go and another employee promoted -- all this was verifiable because of the time tracking as well as activity tracking software.

I would really like it if more integrations were allowed within the Hubstaff standard program. The functionality for the price should be included.

ActivTrak, WorkPuls, ProHance und Time Doctor

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Hubstaff

It aligned more with our goals of time tracking and employee monitoring.
  • Branche: Onlinemedien

Bewertet am 8.7.2021

A honest review for Hubstaff - Time tracking app

It has it flaws, but in overall we like using Hubstaff because of all the options it provides.

The best thing that we've found out in Hubstaff that by adding the tasks in Asana they can appear in the time-tracking app. Also after doing the tasks the work time automatically gets posted in the Asana. That's a time saviour.

Some terms are different from the other apps and at some point, it's very strict that you can't put down custom task/to-do names in the app itself where the time would still count like in Toggl.

Warum Hubstaff gewählt wurde

This app has screen tracking, better integrations.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Hubstaff

This app has screen tracking, better integrations.
Mohit S. Mohit S.

Bewertet am 4.2.2021

Tracking progress of candidates and project with their daily activities.

This was the most usable product for my team in the lockdown period. We have successfully managed the team remotely in the whole lockdown period.
The time tracking and screenshots of the screen is a most useful feature.

It removes the collaboration of the basecamp app.
It is having a difference in time calculation of candidate and admin (as received multiple complaints from the team).

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Hubstaff

Cost of integration and a lesser understanding of the product.
Jonathan W. Jonathan W.
  • Branche: Marketing & Werbung

Bewertet am 30.10.2021

Hubstaff is a solid time tracking choice - especially if you want all the bells and whistles

Overall, I am happy with Hubstaff. I can track my time, both on my laptop using their app as well as on my phone with their app. It makes it easy to set up new projects and denote if it is a billable or non-billable project, allowing me to easily see what my clients owe. I would recommend Hubstaff to others who are looking for a time-tracking solution.

Hubstaff provides a lot of bells and whistles with their time tracking software. While I am only using it for basic time tracking, it does offer a lot of tools for those looking for a more robust solution for their time tracking needs.

One of the only things I dislike about Hubstaff is that in order to start tracking your time and make a note on what you are tracking, it can take several steps - more so than other time tracking software I have used.

• Branche: Unterhaltung
  • Weitere für 1-5 Monate genutzt

Bewertet am 10.3.2021

Amazing Application

Extremely valuable.

The app allows me to monitor the time of projects with a splendid app, not to mention its excellent sync with integrations and easy UX. Good product.

I really don't dislike anything besides I'd personally love the timetracking app to have a Pomodoro methodical timer as well for projects, as it sometimes runs without me knowing

Warum Hubstaff gewählt wurde

Missing team management and business purposes.

Price and usability.
Arman S. Arman S.

Bewertet am 2.2.2020

Delivers on the promise

When I started working as a freelancer I tested most of the most famous time tracking software services out there. I always ended up coming back to Hubstaff! The free plan was perfect for starting out, and now it also works perfectly for our small team. And we hope the same will happen once the company grows bigger.

The ease of use and the fact it's so feature-rich. They have many integrations and even offer API for custom implementations.

I'd like to have the ability to set different pay/bill rates in different currencies, regardless of the primary currency set at the Organization top level.

Warum Hubstaff gewählt wurde

Hubstaff has more features and better fit for our purposes.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Hubstaff

Hubstaff has more features and better fit for our purposes.
Dysiree R. Dysiree R.
  • Branche: Immobilien

Bewertet am 1.6.2019

Hubstaff over other timetrackers

It was a good experience however we just moved to a different time tracker as we need to integrate our own system with the time tracker at a lower cost. We did a get a refund once but it never happened again, and this was due to some tech issues on their end.

Hub staff is very convenient to use and very detailed as screenshots from what the workers were doing are available but it isn't readily available real time. The interface is user-friendly. The percentage of work and movement is there, so you kind of have the idea if the worker is idle or not, hub staff capture 3 random screenshots​ every 10 minutes so it does really help a lot in catching workers who are doing unrelated things while they should be doing work. Apart from this, the admin can restrict the workers from deleting the screenshots but​ it could also be enabled in the setting, when screenshots are deleted, it also deducts the 10 mins. Both admins and users​ can add time manually depending on what you set up.
With the support people, I think they are okay, but can only be reached through emails and chatbox on the website.

One of the issue 90% of us encountered​ with hubstaff is with setting up, the timezone is really hard to set up, but hubstaff provided a troubleshooting guide link also posted on their website, but still it is quiet techy for someone who is not tech savvy​.

Another thing that I least like about the software is that, they can't track real time, which I think is very essential for most businesses. They don't have a live monitoring set up.

The Customer service is good, however it is very unconvenient to reach them, I would really prefer them to have a phone line so I don't have to type a very long email explaining about my technical issues. Apparently, they can only be contacted through chatbox in their website (which is not 24/7) and through emails.

Lastly, I really don't like how google gives ideas and accesses on tutorials on how to bypass the hubstaff system. There are a ​couple of ways a worker can bypass the hubstaff system and it may seem to you that the worker is working but actually not. Applications and tricks are available online.

Juan M. Juan M.
  • Branche: Computer-Software

Bewertet am 29.3.2019

Lightweight, easy, and effective

As a time tracking, payment management, and employee monitoring software, Hubstaff does a great job. It does help many companies keep track of their employees and is pretty comprehensive and even fun to use (when you look at it form the browser). Aside from the archaic Windows app, which has many problems, I have no complaints.

I've only used Hubstaff for time tracking with my company, I've never used it individually, but I've worked with it with two separate companies so far (as a freelancer), and when comparing it to other time tracking and monitoring tools, I find Hubstaff to be one of the most easy to use and amenable. The thing I like the most is the comprehensive user experience from my end, though I can't speak for admins. As a worker I enjoy being in control and up-to-date with my activity.

I would say that working with Hubstaff can get a little pressuring because of the activity system in place. What I mean is that I understand the way they measure activity but I do believe that looking for an activity sign every second can be very daunting, especially when some affiliate companies look for activity percentages higher than 80% for their employees. This forces many freelancers into a burnout trying to achieve these impossible productivity standards. Of course, Hubstaff can't claim responsability for what its users decide to do with it, but since it's fairly understandable that we (as workers) don't necessarily press keys or move the mouse at all times, maybe it would be better if they counted one activity sign every two (2) seconds, for example. Or if they offered ways to take breaks that were a direct part of the software and not something entirely at the discretion of one's employer. Hubstaff is great, but its current system does seem to favor employers more than employees, in my opnion, and this could lead to exploitation. Another thing is that the Windows app really needs an update, it has many bugs and doesn't look well on the UX side. There should be more options, not just an outdated-looking time tracker.

Benjamín T. Benjamín T.
  • Branche: Möbel

Bewertet am 25.3.2019

Hubstaff is a very cool and light tool for time tracking

• Branche: Einzelhandel

Bewertet am 30.1.2019

Lightweight, easy, and effective.

Overall hubstaff has been an excellent way to track and verify productivity and hours worked. Every day we're sent an email showing the team's productivity and hours worked for the day, the staff is able to easily download and use the tool, and they are able to make adjustments to their own time clocks without having to have a superior edit the time for them which was an issue with other system we've used in the past. Hubstaff requires notes for all time edits so it is easy to see when and why edits were made.

Hubstaff is a quick and easy way to track your time working on a project or projects. The software has many helpful features such as the ability to add or edit your tracked time in case you forget to clock in or out, as well as periodically taking and storing screenshots to help you see what you were working on at any given time (the screenshots are blurred so text is not visible, but you can see overall what was going on on the screen). Hubstaff is great for monitoring productivity, it tracks your activity percentage based on the times that you were clocked in by monitoring mouse movements.

My favorite feature is the option to add a reminder prompt if you haven't logged in by a certain time, so for example if you log in every day at 8:30, you can set a reminder for 8:35 to pop up an alert in the event that you forget to start your timer.

The only con I could say about this software is that every day during our 30 minute videoconference meeting I have to keep telling Hubstaff that I am not idle since my mouse hasn't been moving for that time period, and after 10 minutes or so it marks you as idle.

Antwort von Hubstaff

Thanks for the kind review! We too like the reminder to start the timer :)

Beantwortet am 6.2.2019
Le-an lai L. Le-an lai L.
  • Branche: Verlagswesen

Bewertet am 17.9.2018

Great for online teams

Great! It's amazing for the team but needs more options for the manager to be able to easily track employees with whatever variable that is needed.

I love how it's so easy to use for any new team member. I can also teach a new manager quickly on how to track those who are below them.
It's also great that I am able to calculate pay easily, and see who has been actually performing the least when online.

The biggest thing I would love to see is being able to easily check if someone has been adding/modifying their time too much. In the old software that we used, I can easily open a calendar and for each employee, check how many hours was working on the computer, and how many hours were done offline/tracked by the app. I have to go through one by one before actually catching someone who is violating company policies.

Another one would be instead of having the checkbox portion of idle time when people have been away from their computer, make it a radio select where they have to choose whether to keep or delete it. This has caused so much confusion with our team when we started, and would greatly help in making sure that their time is logged correctly.

Antwort von Hubstaff

Hello! Thank you for your review. In regards to being able to easily check if members have been editing time manually, we do have a report section dedicated just for that. It is called "Manual Time Edits", and you will be able to see exactly which time was edited manually instead of tracked with the time tracker. As for the idle time features, we would love to here more about your feedback and suggestions. Please feel free to contact us directly at [email protected] and let us know!

Beantwortet am 24.9.2018
Roxanne H. Roxanne H.
  • Branche: Konsumgüter

Bewertet am 18.12.2018

Everything we need!

Its a pretty solid program to keep track of your productivity and sometimes I even use it to go a couple days back to check if I was able to do tasks that I may have slipped my mind.

- random screen capture every 10 minutes that allows managers to check if employees are focused on their intended tasks
- lets you track running time to the second that can also be used to determine pay.
- you can track overall running time with preset time periods or set your own
- forgot to time in? dont fret! you can edit this and leave a note to state your reason so managers can review and approve or reject the changes
- has a mini time window that allows users to check how much time is running without closing any windows
- works great with Mac and Windows
- Different parameters used to measure productivity
- color coded productivity
- can view daily, weekly, and monthly productivity rate
- easy to use interface
- set tasks, projects, invoices, calendar schedules, admin can limit user access
- easy to use dashboard with graphs of productivity

- its not an exact science. My task is "Product Sourcing" which greatly relies on scrolling through thousands of pages to find a good item to sell and sometimes it takes the whole 8 hours to find 1-2 good items worth a second look. Hubstaff sees this as not productive and gives me a real low productivity percentage rate.
- it can be manipulated if you still have time in between your tasks like opening new windows and tabs and mixing it with other "movements".

• Branche: Verbraucherdienste

Bewertet am 15.12.2018

Accuracy is the Key!

Using this software is the best decision my company ever had in monitoring all their employees including myself. The accuracy of our timestamp shows the efficiency of our work everyday. I definitely love this software for providing us with fair results & reports with how productive we are every week, this is very helpful to all employees in any company to be more motivated to work hard each day. For me, working hard simply means working honestly with less supervision.

I had used so many other softwares in my previous companies which also offers the same features with this software. However, the best thing I like most with Hubstaff is the accuracy of work done per agent by providing accurate timestamp, screenshots & productivity report per agent & a lot more. Also, this software is indeed a friendly user which provides all users or agents an easy access to this software & provides easy instructions on how to make further changes in each users of this software. I would highly recommend this to all my friends & previous co-workers to work efficiently with less supervision.

Well, only one thing that I like least with this software & that was the delivery of screenshots per agent. It was more of the interval of each screenshot provided by this software. Honestly, I'm not really sure how exactly it works since I'm not the one in charge of this software in our company. Nevertheless, I am pretty sure it can be improved more to deliver quality experience to all users.

Tia G. Tia G.
  • Branche: Grafikdesign

Bewertet am 16.7.2020

Best Time Tracking and Invoicing Software

Easy to navigate, easy to learn, many options for invoicing, many options for tasks/clients/projects.

I use Hubstaff daily to track my clients, tasks, and invoices. They're always there to help and very easy to work with. 100% recommended for any virtual workers!

Sometimes I need to make adjustments to time entered and it won't allow me. But I've found a work around and I'm sure this will be updated soon.

Asana

Warum Hubstaff gewählt wurde

More options better pricing.

QuickBooks Time

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Hubstaff

I loved the trial and it does everything my business needs.
Laine K. Laine K.

Bewertet am 6.8.2019

Great time tool

We are a completely remote company, and Hubstaff makes it possible to track our individual time spent on all projects, report on that time, send payments in some cases, and keep a detailed log of work that was completed on tasks.

I like the ability to track individual tasks and customize a dashboard on the homepage to show the metrics that are most useful to you, the individual user.

The sync with Confluence takes a while to upload tasks into the pop-out timer, and I feel that time is wasted waiting for the update on the timer to occur so I can start tracking time. I also think that the way the timing works per week should be based on the individual user's time zone, and not the company time zone.

Hi Laine,
Thanks for your feedback,

It is great to hear that our software is helping you with managing your remote team.
We understand that it can be frustrating when you need to update the tracker.
However when you update the tracker this means you can use the most recently added features and tools,

We apologize for the inconvenience and if you have other feedback you would like to discuss feel free to contact our support team directly and we will be happy to help.

Thanks again,

Beantwortet am 12.8.2019
Michael G. Michael G.

Bewertet am 31.7.2020

No Reason To Change

We have used Hubstaff for 4 years to track our remote staff and have no reason to change to another provider. It is well establsihed in our business processes and we upgrade plans as we add more team members. Onboarding new team members is very, very smooth.

We create tasks in our Project system (jira) that appear in Hubstaff for the team member, they start the clock and we pay on that time spent - simple.
There is a Dashboard to see who is working on what task at any time and lots of reporting.
The project task gets the time spent reported back for project tracking/costing.
We get 10 minute screen shots if there is a concern over productivity. I also use that to get a sneak peek on their design ideas if a client is calling me on progress and sometimes I'll suggest a change in direction.

We tried to interface with Quickbooks by Customer by Task but Hubstaff couldnt handle that. We do this via the tracking in Jira (which includes Hubstaff time by Task anyway).

Michael D. Michael D.
  • Branche: Immobilien

Bewertet am 9.2.2018

Easy to use, not quite as easy to manage, but still pretty easy to manage.

We're able to track the work time and habits of a mess of remote workers from the other side of the world with relatively little fuss.

Hubstaff gives different levels of control that can be passed down through the command chain, allowing The Boss to have the total domination he needs to feel like The Boss while enabling middle management to fiddle usefully with things and retain enough control over their team's calendars and settings to not make them feel emasculated and vestigal. Even the rank-and-file employees themselves can be given a decent amount of control -- or not, if that's how you like it.

The calendars used on their Timesheet pages are really finicky -- sometimes, you swear the thing you just did in order to get from 'looking at today' to 'looking at yesterday' SHOULD have worked, but clearly didn't...and then you do the exact same thing again, and it works like you expected.

Also, and I realize that this is a problem in all similar software but it IS avoidable and SHOULD BE avoided even though it's not actually avoided anywhere, Hubstaff is not great at dealing with timezone changes. So if you have people on the East Coast, people on the West Coast, and people in the Philippines, two of those groups have to learn to think and act like they're in the third group's timezone, and that's hard when you're dealing with entry-level remote workers.

Ray C. Ray C.
  • Branche: Computer-Software

Bewertet am 4.6.2019

Cenedex Software Solutions - Hubstaff Review

Hubstaff has been our preferred platform to track all of our employee hours and tasks for a very long time, and we are extremely happy with the results in helping us organize our work flow and management.
We have been able to realize the ease in a long standing promise of transparency to our customers by sending frequent, detailed reports on the hours of developers on client projects.

We especially love about hubstaff is the newly released "Hubstaff Tasks" function which allows us to track the task along with the time taken for each user. As a software company that prides itself in transparency, our clients truly appreciate seeing how their money is spent, and Hubstaff offers them the perfect easily-exported PDF files.

Rather than what we like least, we recognize that each platform is a growing and developing business, and Hubstaff has show us that they are constantly improving to meet customer needs.
To this extend I would love to see these improvements in the next major update:

1) To be able to connect one-single project to multiple integrations at a time, for example to Hubstaff Tasks as well as Quickbooks.

2) To be able to upgrade a single user or owner to a higher plan, so as to take advantage of the higher tier benefits.

3) To be able to edit Immutable times from external integrations, in the case of Human error in selecting projects or Tasks.

Jisselle B. Jisselle B.
  • Branche: Konsumgüter
  • Weitere für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Bewertet am 4.11.2020

I have used Hubstaff for over 2 years

I love it! Still use it and recommend to other colleagues.

I like that it comes with the integrated time doctor, detailed reports for the team activity & productivity, as well as the recruitment Hubstaff Talent platform, I'd say it's the best remote hiring platform. Have found many employees from there.

There's no payroll integration with Payoneer. It's tough to do payroll with limited options.

Clockify, Monitask und TimeCamp

Warum Hubstaff gewählt wurde

The freelancer platform was better. Upwork is too costly to post jobs.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Hubstaff

Hubstaff Talent & Task Manager.
Richard W. Richard W.
  • Branche: Verlagswesen

Bewertet am 15.9.2018

Good time tracker for individuals

I needed more flexibility in specifying date ranges than I had in the previous time tracker I was using, and Hubstaff delivered! It's not perfect--and sometimes it's frustrating--but it's nevertheless indispensable to me.

* Apps for OSX, iPhone
* Perfect for individuals
* Allows reports for customized date range

* Website is often confusing: always have to look around to find the right page for creating a customized report
* Task durations are only downloadable in hour:minute:second form, which makes it cumbersome if you're importing into a spreadsheet and still need to convert to decimal hours (e.g., convert 1:37:17 to decimal)
* Need to enter tasks when setting up a project: can't enter them in the process of entering time. Would be nice to be able to type a task in the dropdown, have the page display an alert ("Do you want to add the task 'Drive to customer site' to the project?"), add the task to the project, and update the drop-down.
* Would like the option for more flexibility in manually entering times, e.g., if I'm doing something from 9:00
a.m. to 9:38 a.m., and I realize that I haven't started the timer, give me the option of manually entering 40 minutes before 9:40 a.m., even if it's not yet 9:40.
* In general, need more configuration options (see above).

1.197 Bewertungen