Über 8x8 X Series

8x8 X Series is a cloud-based solution that helps businesses of all sizes establish communication via text messaging, voice calls and video conferencing. The team messaging module lets employees create project-specific public and...

3,9

• Branche: Bildungsmanagement
  • Wöchentlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt

Bewertet am 11.12.2021

Mittelmäßiges Produkt mit betrügerischen Qualitäten

Am Ende, rate ich davon ab, dieses Produkt zu abonnieren.

Relativ einfach und günstig. Sehr unkompliziert, bietet aber auch nicht to viel.

Die Kündigung - die Firma macht es äußerst schwierig und unübersehbar zu kündigen!

Antwort von 8X8

Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear you had a frustrating experience, but I really appreciate you bringing this issue to my attention. If you could share with us your latest case ID, we will investigate internally, please do send it on [email protected] , Thank you!

Ashley
  • Branche: Personalbeschaffung & -besetzung

Bewertet am 6.4.2021

Perfect Business Phone System!!

We absolutely love 8x8 virtual office, we do not see a world where we would switch to a different phone software. If you are looking for a seamless phone software look no further!

8x8 virtual office is awesome! There are so many cool features to this software. We have used 8x8 for over 5 years now, customer service has always been super helpful if we ever had any issues or questions. Purchasing new phones for new employees is a breeze, and setting everything up is always straight forward! What more can you ask for? We also love that virtual office has the chat feature, we utilize this daily to chat with all of the employees. We also love that there is a app, all of the employees have this app on their phone and have been using it like their desk phone during this COVID work from home time.

there are sometimes some delays, but very rarely is there any issues!

Antwort von 8X8

We're happy to see that you had a 5-Star experience at 8x8. Thanks for sharing!

Ralph
  • Branche: Telekommunikation

Bewertet am 23.12.2021

Great product - wouldn't want to be without it.

In general, I have been very happy with 8x8, and would not want to be without it.

Easy to use, dependable, and administering the system is one of the simplest I have done. .

Nothing comes to mind; I have no suggestions.

BroadVoice Cloud PBX und Vonage Business Communications

Warum 8x8 X Series gewählt wurde

Call recording is included with 8x8.

Zuvor genutzte Software

Vonage Business Communications

Gründe für den Wechsel zu 8x8 X Series

Again, ease of use, simple administration, and free call recording.

Antwort von 8X8

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a 5-star review.

Die besten Alternativen zu 8x8 X Series

Zach
  • Branche: Transport/Güterfrachtverkehr/Schienenverkehr

Bewertet am 6.10.2022

Solid Call Software

I am overall very pleased with 8x8 and will continue to use it daily!

8x8 has a great amount of features that are very helpful for my day to day. I enjoy being able to quickly look up recordings, navigate routings of the calls and the ability to reject a call, go on break or work offline. It is a software that is relatively easy to use!

With the 8x8 mobile version I am not able to see the caller ID. Also if you do not have great service or solid WiFi then the calls have terrible quality but is understandable.

Antwort von 8X8 - X Series US

Hi Zach! Thank you so much for reaching out and providing wonderful feedback about our service! Have a nice day.

Katja
  • Branche: Gastgewerbe

Bewertet am 14.10.2022

Buggy but Simple to Use!

8x8 is pretty simple and easy to navigate. It satisfies all of the basic requirements for our call center, albeit with a few bugs. Overall, however, there are a large number of pros that outweigh the cons.

8x8 is very easy to use. Training new employees to use the app for calling and texting is very straight-forward and requires minimal instruction. It also satisfies the majority of our duties in the call center.

Sometimes calls come in and the notification is delayed or there is no audio notification. I also wish there were a way for users to block individual callers than having to ask our IT department to block their numbers. Sometimes the audio sequence is not initialized and there is no discernible audio. Finally, connecting bluetooth headphones to the app is also more complicated than it should be.

Antwort von 8X8 - X Series US

Dear Katja, we regret the inconvenience caused. To help us understand the problem in detail, please share your contact details at [email protected] We would be more than happy to assist you. Best Regards.

Sabrina
  • Branche: Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness

Bewertet am 30.8.2022

Reliable and easy to set up

It's a very easy and helpful way to communicate with customers. Very reliable, not many times had I had to contact support. Great features and options: web, desktop and phone app. Good sound and call quality.

Their customer support could be improved.

Antwort von 8X8_US

Hi Sabrina! We are grateful that you took the time out to leave us a review. Your feedback helps us to improve service for everyone. Have a nice day ahead!

Beantwortet am 5.10.2022
Jim

Bewertet am 20.12.2021

8x8 has been great for us

We've been with them for about 4 years now and they've been fantastic. When we were
first with them, there were a couple of minor hiccups, especially with the android app,
but for the last 2+ years they've been rock solid and the features they add are useful and
work well.

The relatively rich chat feature, screen sharing, and ease of transferring a call or meeting
from one device to another.

It's not as intuitive to copy/paste out of the chat sessions and I find it difficult to archive a
chat, though I may just not know how to do it as it's not something I do regularly.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu 8x8 X Series

They were well reviewed by industry experts and cheaper than others that offered similar functionality.

Thomas

Bewertet am 19.10.2022

8x8 has some work that needs to be done

Their customer service was extremely helpful and very nice

When working with the sales rep when initially purchasing this plan we were told several things that were unfortunately not able to be completed. From the beginning we constantly had issues from our soft phones not working to our best phones restarting randomly

Antwort von 8X8 - X Series US

Dear Thomas, we regret the inconvenience caused. To help us understand the problem in detail, please share your contact details at [email protected] We would be more than happy to assist you. Best Regards.

Ivan

Bewertet am 18.1.2018

We use 8x8 to manage our business phone and voicemail

virtual phone system that manages our voicemail, multiple lines, and mutliple numbers.

I like 8x8 because it has some modern features like sending an email with voice recording of your messages.

The price is high compared to the function of the service. It limits your voicemail so you can only store about 30 messages before you have to login and delete them. The user interface is very complicated. Took me forever to figure out how to update my credit card on file because I can't tell how to login to the admin from the personal phone account.

Alan
  • Branche: Finanzdienstleistungen

Bewertet am 26.4.2022

Practical but limited

No major issues, but no one jumped up and shouted "this is great!". Rollout and implementation was quick and easy, but support needs work.

Competitively priced, easy setup, mobile friendly

Limited analytics, no ala carte options to add countries to calling plans, limited productivity features compared to competitors

Beantwortet am 27.4.2022
Matt
  • Branche: Immobilien

Bewertet am 4.10.2022

Not bad and easy to set up, but a few issues

Low price, pretty easy set up, was up and running within an hour.

Hard to distinguish 8x8 incoming calls from standard direct dials to my phone. Software has jot replaced getting calls as I had hoped.

Antwort von 8X8_US

HI Matt! We are grateful that you took the time out to leave us a review. Your feedback helps us to improve service for everyone. Have a nice day ahead!

Beantwortet am 5.10.2022
Verifizierter Rezensent

Bewertet am 26.1.2019

Good VOIP phone service, but support has turned to garbage and apps are laggy

Sadly, after many years of use, I can't recommend it anymore due to the problems described above with support and their poorly-written apps. Their core technology is good though and it would be possible to return to good service and bring in some good talent to fix these issues, but who knows if that will happen. Why don't companies learn how much customers HATE the terrible off-shore support experiences that they have to deal with in so many industries these days?

We use desktop VOIP phones, the mobile app, and the desktop app. They offer a "call park" feature that other system don't, allowing a parked call to be picked up from any other phone in the office, as opposed to other systems where you only put a call on hold and can then only pick up from the same line. The call quality is good, regardless of which access method used.

TERRIBLE support. Years ago, support was US-based, fast answer, easy to understand (native English), and always had the right answer. Reps used and knew the system. In the past years it has all shifted to Singapore where they are hard to understand, hardly understand your question, and don't seem to know the answer to anything without putting you on hold and going somewhere to look it up. Obviously a cheap off-shore call center.

I tried their support chat last time and it was worse - on hold forever and huge delay between replies while they obviously worked other chats.

The desktop app is pretty poor. They gave it a facelift, but its super slow to open and use - not sure what language they wrote it in. Half the time I use it to try to play back a voicemail, I have to hit the play button multiple times as it's unresponsive. The "new message" indicator never seems to clear.

I use their web interface to play back call recordings for training. Most of the time they won't play through their antiquated web interface, giving only a spinning "wait" cursor. Instead, I have to select a batch to download as a ZIP file and play them locally. Even when the web interface does work, there's no area for taking notes or anything to attach to the recording for future reference.

A colleague with a Mac can't even use the client anymore because it won't work on newer versions of macOS. Their support was unable to solve. He gave up.

I can no longer recommend 8x8.

Cheryl
  • Branche: Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen

Bewertet am 17.10.2016

Why Broadband Phones for Offices?

Why do I like this company? Not only do I like this company I have a great relationship with working from my office phones and using this wonderful broadband phone company. Now wait, no landlines in my office. No landlines. I was able to work with this team and duplicate my office phones and place them in my home as well. I do a lot of cloud technology for our Dental office and it is important to have a phone system that can pull the load.

I love the fact that I have an automated attendant that can play any message I record on it. I can custom fit it to our office and place any message I want our patients to hear. Now lets get down to the flexibility of this phone system. Ready?

I can answer calls from a phone, on the computer, on an app on my cell phone anywhere. This company has the ability to track any call that comes in. If a patient does not leave a message I can still get in touch with them to help them out. New people calling in also can get a call back even if they do not leave a message. Now you say if you had a big staff you would not need to have to call them back you would answer the phone. True, but I save on staff salary, and possible lack of staff motivation this way. I roll the money back into the practice. If I am doing office work in another location and it is after hours I am still able to monitor the calls and call them right back. If it is an emergency they can get scheduled very quickly.

The team at 8x8.com can customize your phone needs for any size office. They were able to help me out when I needed a fax machine very quickly lets, say in the next two hours. I still remember that day that I called my sales rep out in the West Coast about 6:30 am and he went far and beyond to help our company set up a broadband fax machine. He grabbed his coffee and within 2 hours my fax machine was up and running. This helped our patient with keeping an appointment that they need to go to and not have to reschedule. The office that sprang the surprise on us was quick to note how fast our team came threw. 8X8.com is part of our team because I feel that we are on the same team.

You will not get a better team working for you when it comes to your phone needs. This team is BAA compliant for medical and dental offices. Also not just medical and dental but for insurance companies, accountants and many other offices that fit into HIPPA compliance. Love working with their technology team when I need to change anything on my phone system. These guys are great to work with and I guess that is why we have been going strong with them now since 2014.

The 8x8 team is the best. Great technology and great customer support!

Our office has been with 8x8 from February of 2014 and has had no reason to change to another company.

Kimberly
  • Branche: Anwaltskanzlei

Bewertet am 26.3.2020

Initial review of 8x8

Thus far my experience has been completely positive. The product is very easy to use. The intuitive menu makes navigating simple, even for luddites like myself. Being able to quickly and easily switch from calling to texting (or do them at the same time) is exactly what I was looking for. The call quality has been better than my prior service, though I have had some static-filled calls. There weren't enough to make me question the service though. Setting up a web meeting is easy, one-click easy, and screen sharing works perfectly. For participants on phones, they are asked to download the 8x8 app in order to join the web meeting, but once they do any future meetings are one-click entry. I have had a few clients struggle to get into the meetings but honestly that seems to be user-error and there have been no difficulties with mac v. pc, etc. Overall, I'm very pleased with the service and recommend giving them a try if you're in the market.

Everything is in one place, on one dashboard - phone, fax, text messaging, calendaring, web meeting with video and screen sharing. Adding lines with company growth is easy as well.

It took a few weeks from initial order to the actual installation meeting with tech support BUT there is tech support! I wasn't able to test the texting feature while in the porting process.

Joel

Bewertet am 17.8.2018

I Recommend 8x8 All the Time!

I work with a lot of different companies and help them choose a variety of software and technology vendors. Normally when we are replacing phone systems I look at 8x8 as one of my top three choices for each client. So far we have only had one client where it wasn't a fit due to the large number of lines they needed 8x8 to manage and the cost associated with that. Overall every client I have connected with 8x8 has ended up loving them. The service is excellent as long as you have stable Internet and their customer service is outstanding.

- Feature rich VoIP system for low monthly cost per line
- Get discounts the more lines you add
- Offers virtual soft phones for no additional cost
- Solid variety of physical office phones to choose from; phones come pre-programmed just plug them in and they work
- Call management and users can be edited from the portal easily
- Very reliable servers and service
- Offers free testing tool to see how well your Internet and network would handle their service
- Port your existing numbers and add new ones

- Completely dependent on your Internet connection; if you have bad or spotty Internet your phone call quality will be poor
- If you have a lot of numbers to port over (more than 100 or 1000 for a call center) their per number port fees are higher than other providers even at the discounts

Verifizierter Rezensent
  • Unternehmensgröße: 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Bewertet am 18.1.2019

Quickly improving to be a solid calling tool

8x8 checks all the basic boxes. It's easy to use for people who don't want to spend a lot of time getting to know the bells and whistles, but powerful enough to meet the needs to super users. Cross-platform functionality is good and the experience between desktop/mobile has recently been brought into alignment with updates 8x8 has made. The company clearly cares about it's customers too as they are happy to come onsite for training and driving user adoption.

While the applications have drastically improved, a few small and large things annoy users. First, some of the interface screens still have not been updated to a high-definition visual, resulting in certain screens (like the login screen) leaving the application feeling out-dated and slightly disjointed. Second, and perhaps the biggest concern, is call quality can sometimes suffer, even with an excellent internet connection. If users experience a call breaking up, they are inclined to default back to personal phone lines and bypass 8x8 to ensure a solid call experience. This quickly erodes confidence that 8x8 can deliver a seamless call. To be fair, the call quality has been improving drastically and this issue plagues the mobile app less and less.

Joel
  • Branche: Internet

Bewertet am 7.11.2017

Simple to use phone system management

The biggest benefit gained is simple incoming and outgoing call management. I have over 70 clients who could call at any given time and it is important to be able to easily view any missed calls/voicemails/text messages so that I can return the calls. I've found 8x8's service to be more than satisfactory, especially considering the price point.

The visual layout of this application is intuitive and easy to use. It is easy to mange incoming and outgoing phone calls from my desktop. I also appreciate how easy it is to add contacts as they call in. The application provides handy desktop notifications which allow me to stay on top of any missed calls/voicemails/text messages I missed while I am away from my business phone.

This application can be a bit of a resource hog. My computer is a few years old already and runs it just fine but anything older would cause me concern. If you do not restart your computer periodically, the application can start to have issues showing notifications. I've begun restarting my computer every 3-4 days (for reasons including 8x8 software and more) and have not seen the issue since.

Brett

Bewertet am 26.7.2019

Pros and Cons

Now that we've ironed out most of the issues we had initially, I like the product and would recommend that people consider it if they are shopping for alternatives.

I like that I can utilize the IOS application to receive calls business calls to my business number on my personal cell phone. It allows me to leave me desk more frequently.

The set-up process was a disaster for us. I'm sure there is blame on both ends, but it took our company roughly three months to get all of the kinks worked out.

Keyana

Bewertet am 10.4.2018

8x8 is especially useful when employees are working from home and need to be accessible to...

Without this software - particularly, its mobile app - it would not be possible for me to work from home ever. With the app, I am able to keep in touch with clients by phone, without them ever having access to my personal cell phone number or even knowing that I'm not actually in the office. The call quality is sometimes even better than that of my Verizon cell phone quality, which says a lot. I am continuously surprised and pleased by how clear and loud each call is, even when clients are calling from a mobile line.

The desktop app and website could use a refresh. They're both easy enough to navigate, but are a bit dated in appearance. In terms of functionality, I find that the mobile app will sometimes "time out" when I start using another program, and I realize once I'm back in the office that I've missed a call or two. I've had that happen on two different cell phones, so I'm certain it's 8x8 and not anything I'm doing. That's obviously a major con for the software, so a bug like that needs to not happen ever.

Ganesh
  • Branche: Unternehmensberatung
  • Unternehmensgröße: 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Bewertet am 18.8.2018

Best Communication Software

small UI mistakes make it look bad, But overall a good product.

Best softphone services with multiple changeable numbers, Its the best virtual office with multiple features when compared to its competitors. It also provides visual voicemails, phone directory, corporate directory, instant messaging, presence, video calling, fax, call recording, web conferencing and many more.

There aren't many cons I faced. The con that I feel is with instant messaging.
When you and your colleague are using virtual office and there is a new update and if your colleague updates the software and if you didn't then neither of your would be able to communicate, until you both are on the same version of the software.
When you add a new unknown number to chat and didn't send any kind of text to that number and you suddenly switched to another chat, BOOM then you won't be able to find that number, you need to add that number again. (Only in New updated UI version)

These are some of the minor Cons I faced in my everyday usage

Anthony "Tony"

Bewertet am 10.12.2016

Best VoIP

We have started a landscape and hardscape business in Houston recently. Just a small family owned organization with big dreams. In researching a phone option, I found 8X8 to be the exact match that we were looking for. The cost was low and keeps us going, but the features are the best. In the world of cellular phones, I have a personalized 8X8 auto-attendant message answering calls, and with a press of one button, customers and vendors get connected to the person or department that they need. No more answering and hanging around the phone at the office. Voice mail messages are emailed to me. I can listen and forward the voice mail to whom I need to handle the situation. They don't have to dial in or anything. The message is an attachment. Also, I get to set business hours, set messages, and control the phone system from an app and the website. The app also allows me to answer the lines and monitor things from anywhere with internet service or cellular internet. A great option and system for my company and I.

Ease of use, and I can adapt it to my needs whenever I want. The list is long: Record your voice mail message for different situations. Set your auto attendant to direct calls to your employees. Voice mail messages emailed to you. Forward voice mail through email. Make changes through the app or online. Answer your phone thorough the app...You don't have to be in the office to answer the office phone. We have bus, ness cards with one number and let the auto attendant direct the call. Best cost I found for office systems. And you can expand it.

I have found none. The system works great and gives me access to things like voice mail messages emailed to me. So, I can listen to voice mail right then and there. No need to call in and punch numbers to get a voice mail message.

Ron
  • Branche: Versicherung

Bewertet am 22.12.2021

How I use 8x8 telephone systems

We had 8x8 and made the mistake of switching vendors. that was 3 month disaster. We came flying back to 8x8.

Ease of use and prompt follow up serice

there is no pure answer to that question.

Business VoiceEdge

Warum 8x8 X Series gewählt wurde

Cost, efficient service. We were not happy with Bellsouth and try as they may it just made matters worst. switched to 8X8 and it was seamless and made our crew happy.

answered already

Antwort von 8X8

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a 5-star review.

• Branche: Unternehmensberatung

Bewertet am 28.6.2016

I'm a big fan of Virtual Office and here's why

Virtual office provides so much value for my company. At first, I thought it may be out of my price range but once I started it up and tried it out, I realized it's a steal for everything they offer.
Not only does the Virtual Contact Center work as a medium between the customer and whoever can get to the phones at that time, it frees up so much of the middle-man work and the cost I would be spending on someone to be a greeter can go to more lucrative programs.
The Contact Center sure is valuable, but the real value comes from the Virtual meetings office software. I say this because my team does a lot of off-site work as well as hiring freelancers for shorter jobs. Being able to meet with a whole room of people in any country and time-zone is so valuable for my business!

Like I described in the top paragraph, I initially had doubts about the cost. These doubts were crushed when I saw all of the value that this product adds, however it could always be cheaper.
The only other qualm I have is that it definitely seems to be more positioned to larger companies. I have a smaller business with fluctuating team sizes so Virtual Office isn't quite as agile as my team.

Chirag
  • Branche: Versicherung
  • Wöchentlich für Kostenlose Testversion genutzt

Bewertet am 11.2.2021

Good alternative for Internet telephony

The overall experience was poor. Sales was eager to give us a free proof of concept during the discovery phase. Their billing team eagerly started invoicing us when we were not even their customers. Sales stopped answer our questions. Support wasn't useful in resolving matters. The entire process looked chaotic. 8x8 could have had a great sales cycle and they could have had a great shot it but they blew their chances.

8x8's video conferencing system was really. Their system allowed the organizer of a video conferencing meet to see each participant's talk time, which can allow the organizer or facilitator to prompt for opinion and ask a frequent talker to give others a chance to speak. This was a unique and useful feature.

8x8's didn't have a great faxing solution for our needs. Their fax feature appeared to be bolted on to their unified platform and couldn't handle a large volume of faxes on a daily basis.

RingCentral MVP, Zoom Meetings und MiCloud Connect

Gründe für den Wechsel zu 8x8 X Series

We did NOT choose 8x8 due to poor experiences with their sales, billing and support. We went with RingCentral due to a polar opposite and positive experience with RingCentral. 8x8 has a good product but they need to shore up people skills and responsiveness to win more businesses.

Antwort von 8X8

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We're sorry you had a bad experience. We'll strive to do better.

Joseph

Bewertet am 22.12.2021

Great system for small and medium businesses; If you know how to set it up

This software is fairly intuitive but can be frustrating for customers if they are coming from existing analog phone lines. 8x8 X Series really shines with remote administration. It is easy for admins to get feedback from their customers and implement the features they want.

There are some ring group issues that could be better. Sometimes you want ring groups to be different based on a certain set of criteria, however frequently I have customers that want only one VM box with 2 different ring groups. I would be a great addition to be able to define where a VM can go.

Antwort von 8X8

Thank you so much for leaving a review Joseph, I understand the challenge you have with the ring group. You may follow the steps provided on this article so you can route where the VM will go > https://support.8x8.com/cloud-phone-service/voice/admin-console/work-group-settings/ring-groups/how-to-forward-calls-from-a-ring-group-to-voicemail-if-no-one-answers

246 Bewertungen