Coda Erfahrungen

Gesamtbewertung
Bewertungen
Mehr Erfahren

Über Coda

Coda ist eine umfassende Lösung, die Dokumente, Tabellenkalkulationen und Erstellungstools in einer einzigen Plattform vereint. Mit diesem Tool können Projektmanager OKRs (Objectives and Key Results) verfolgen und gleichzeitig...

4,4

Miguel
Miguel
  • Branche: Forschung

Bewertet am 17.7.2020

Coda is the ultimate Team unifier

Before Coda, we used to have several different programs and databases to keep track of our day to day work. Coda has become the one-stop-shop for most things we do that don't require higher processing capabilities (statistics, image analysis, etc.). I really like how several of us can be on a certain document at one time (similar to the Google docs functionality) and all of us can collaborate in real time without having to jump from one application to another.

We have a lot of data in Coda and I really wished there was a statistical analysis option for our tables and charts. When I say stats, I don't mean high order stats (such as Chi-square tests, T-tests, etc.) but averages and counts based on specific criteria and so forth. Also, though once you know the program it's a breeze to work with, a Doc Maker needs to spend a lot of time familiarizing him/her/themself with the abundance of features Coda has to offer and its language.

Blaise
  • Branche: Finanzdienstleistungen

Bewertet am 14.7.2020

Unlimited power and agility for 0 to 12$/m/team

Amazing, game changer for the business efficiency, speed, agility.

Unbelievably powerful, you can build all the most advanced CRM / ERP / project management tools and features you can imagine in a few hours, integrate with the whole universe, and make your ops people (sales,...) save time and be happy.

Plus it comes with a Google doc killer that will reshape how efficiently your team works in asynchronous docs, it's game changer.

People who are not really at ease with Google sheets / zapier can't build as advanced workflows, but it's okay.

Evernote Teams

Warum Coda gewählt wurde

Notion is beautiful, but is 10000 times less powerful. When you try it for the first time it feels like the future, after Coda it feels like stone age.

10 000x more powerful
Giles

Slows down over time

Ok... but then it just slowed down and became unusable. We need to get critical company info out of heads and recorded fast. Loading up Coda was slow and they messed with the structure of docs too much to the point where we lost track of what went were. It was simple at first then it became docs, folders, sections, child sections. It feels like they're just bloating it with features now.

The flexibility to set things up how you want is great but that also comes with down sides after a while. The data table functionality works ok.

Speed and performance really suffers with time, to the point where it takes 10 seconds plus to open our main doc. Support tried to help but couldn't really do anything to improve it.
It's also very easy to accidentally share your entire doc and make it public without realising. I wouldn't keep confidential information in there anymore because of that.

Warum Coda gewählt wurde

We thought it would give us more flexibility and power.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Coda

Flexibility to get it to work with our own internal development processes.

Die besten Alternativen zu Coda

Dariusz
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Bewertet am 20.7.2020

Low-code at its best!

There's a lot that you can do using just the free version. Paid plans provide useful additions. After spending a little time with the documentation, you can build amazing things.

The learning curve is a little steep. I have experience with database software and I feel it put me at a disadvantage as I had to let go of some old habits. Some parts of Coda are reminiscent of a classic database while others force you to think a little bit differently.

Warum Coda gewählt wurde

Coda is much more flexible and provides the basic feature set available in Trello.

Trello

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Coda

I think one can create a much more diverse project using Coda. Coda's flexibility and ease of automation made me choose it but I have to say i like Notion's visual side a little bit better.
  • Branche: Bildungsmanagement
  • Unternehmensgröße: 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Bewertet am 17.7.2020

A couple of weeks and you'll be in love with Coda

2 weeks are all it takes for you to fall in love with Coda. Starting is not the smoothest process, but the power and flexibility it gives us make it totally worth it. The free tier is more than enough for most solo users. Managers will simply want to get the team plan because it is the one app you'll need to put it all together.

Coda is extremely powerfull. I love the hability to centralize in one document all the data my team uses.

The one feature that needs urgently to be deployed/improved is the 2-way sync of lookups, but for same table and different tables lookups.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen

Notion und Fusebase (Formerly Nimbus)

Warum Coda gewählt wurde

Notion is an excellent product, but is way too limited in terms of buttons, connections, integrations, automations.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Coda

Coda is getting better and better at a fast pace. For now, it is the app that has more features per dollar.
Steven
  • Branche: Konsumgüter

Bewertet am 17.7.2020

Awesome building ground for digital transformation in an SMB

We’ve basically integrated all the customer orders from our contact center with our production and logistics team from a single doc. It’s so versatile. Each week we find more and better ways to build it even further

The possibilities of use are infinite and even with this, they keep improving and launching new functionalities and improvements every week. It’s amazing how tight the community around Coda is and how much they listen to feedback

The only con is a limit in their API that has given me some trouble when integrating docs to other apps through Zapier. Once they get to big (too many rows and elements) the API starts failing. Ut’s easy to solve with a netter architecture of the doc and backup automations

Caio

Bewertet am 22.12.2021

Coda is amazing for many things, specially organizing content and making your tasks organized.

Since I started using coda I was able to organize my tasks and content in a better way, it replaced old document tools and now I have much more flexibility to work with data at work and also for personal stuff.

Some of the features could be simpler to use, sometimes is a bit complicated to use more advanced features with custom integrations and more complex widgets.

Sam
  • Branche: Luxusgüter & Schmuck
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Super flexible

Ability to have your ticket management / to-do list tracking like Trello in the same place as your wiki / knowledge hub

Sometime a little too technical and messy for end users. e.g. tables not having an out of the box search feature, and the workaround of using another table to act as the search box not being very clean.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Coda

More features. Their team is also executing really well, continually adding new key features.
Matt
Matt

Bewertet am 17.7.2020

Very cool features, but some bumps along the way

I use Coda for individual notes on smaller projects (block limits prevent me using it for longer ones), giving me a single spot to find my notes from meetings, workshops and creative outputs and organise my thinking far better than I could in our G Suite setup. I also love Coda for user interviews and research, helping my to create views of an interview script for each session, but then to be able to review all the sessions side by side, have the videos embedded etc.

Most limitations come from an inability to fully adopt it in my own work enough to justify paying for an account - a lot of my personal use moved to Notion when the introduced pricing strategy killed half of my live documents, and it's just not powerful or reliable enough for me to be able to make a push for it as a team-wide tool yet. This isn't a concern for future users, but the "This doc is too big and will become read only in 14 days" approach to implementing their initially very convoluted pricing strategy was a real pain point and burned a lot of my goodwill.

I don't expect them to pivot that dramatically again (from "A doc as powerful as an app" to "A doc for teams"), but that pivot has made me very wary about recommending it to friends and colleagues in case it happens again and half their work gets frozen in a format that's very tough to extract efficiently.

Coda is, first and foremost, very impressive. It does a lot, especially through their Packs, that can make Coda docs meaningful hubs for projects whether personal or professional. If you can get the buy in from your team or company to make the swap, giving people the tools to create useful tools for themselves is fantastic. The pace of development compared to others in the space (looking at you, Notion) is also very impressive and it feels like almost every other week there's some new feature that I can actually make use of with Coda.

The main drawbacks for me are the pricing model, especially for individual use, and the maths functions.

Pricing: It's very tough to use as e.g. a personal planner with the free product, and it isn't dramatically better at those functions with the paid product than something like Notion. Particularly after Notion made the majority of personal plan free it's just very hard to recommend Coda for individuals unless you have a very specific need for some of their features, as the document size limits can feel very arbitrary, blocking out usage for a lot of hobby users.

Maths/Spreadsheet style functions: While a lot exists, and the idea of focusing on column references rather than cell references initially feels nice, in reality it only makes explaining what a formula is doing once it works easier - getting that formula to work is very tough. Documentation is pretty patchwork around maths functions and sometimes you just want to be able to jot some quick table calculations down that might not suit "Rows as distinct entries" style tables, but everything in Coda is set up to deal with continuous and repeated equations within an entry, which is very tough to deal with.

Thibault
Thibault

Awesome product!

We use coda as a data hub to let the entire team understand where we are and what we are doing. It helped a lot having everyone on the same page.

I love how it is easy to manage data thanks to view.
Very easy to link with external data source.
Our entire team processes are now managed with Coda.

It lacks of export features for graphs.

Asana

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Coda

More flexible and better user experience.
Marc
  • Branche: Konsumgüter
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Bewertet am 30.9.2020

Could be a great product, but Not the best for me

Beyond utilizing the initial document/app I was provided, I found my experience frustrating at best. It’s not Coda’s fault, this product could be perfectly ideal for someone with the right skills, that’s just simply not me.

The idea of building up an ‘app’ to be exactly what I need functionality-wise, and based off of an all-encompassing spread sheet was very appealing. I would have access to all the info I needed on desktop and mobile.

Building it out to be what I needed required an ability to code the document in every way, and that’s just not something I’m knowledgeable enough for. Nor do I have the time to figure it out. Even once I did finally build out features, I would easily delete them accidentally.
That said, I got some help early on to get everything set up correctly, but again, without knowing how to do it myself, I couldn’t maintain or expand on what I was provided.

Mohamed
  • Branche: Telekommunikation

Bewertet am 6.11.2022

Amazing Experience

The whole thing is amazing when it comes to using Coda with all available features, I'm using a lot of things because of my job duties, I create documents with new processes, update the current documents and communicate with the team, and manage the requested tasks for myself and my team and also use Coda on any device makes it a lot easier for the user.

It is the easiest way to create or update a process workflow and keep track of tasks, also has very a smooth clear view of the tasks dashboard with due dates and who requested the tasks with the task status and the due date.Managing the daily tasks of the team is a great feature as well.

Sometimes, especially when using low internet speed connections the pages take so much time to load and this might some issues for the users, I recommend creating a special view "lowered web version" for such internet speed.

• Branche: Bildungsmanagement
  • Monatlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Bewertet am 31.8.2022

Want to Code but don't have the skills?

Coda is quite like Notion and one of the challenges is that it's not a household name and people might wonder why they should take the time. I think if you want to learn a tool that will put you ahead of the game in terms of skills competencies, learning Coda and Notion would be a game changerf.
The automation features alone are a really valuable skill to learn.

If you are technical but can't code, this is your super power. It will allow you to build your own applications and customise enterprise systems that work for your organisation. It integrates with a tone of other applications like Google Calendar and zoom.

It was extremely obivious where the getting started tutorials were. It took quite a while to learn but is actually worth taking the time. I think if someone is looking for an out of the box solution this is not it. However it's worth it to educate yourself on how to use it as the automations and template will claw back that time for you when you get to grips with it.

I use both.
Josh

Bewertet am 10.10.2021

I love Coda

I have been using Coda since quite early days in their beta.
While it was already showing a lot of promise in the early days, it has completely blossomed and matured since and I now use it daily and have had it implemented for different purposes in two organisations. Highly recommend.

Vast flexibility and fast performance. Exceptional feature rollout speed.

Many of the things that have been pain points in the past have since been resolved, with continous new features and a very communicative team. There are still some key missing features such as code syntax highlighting and true markdown support.

The pricing can also be either very good value, or rather expensive, depending on how you intend to use it.

Katie
Katie
  • Branche: Eventservice

Bewertet am 22.9.2020

Useful product for our internal knowledgebase

Coda is a well-designed platform that has allowed us to centralize all departments into one spot for documentation. Coda has strong support docs and videos that has helped us transition smoothly and continue to learn about new features and ways to use the product better. The new product emails they send out every so often are so informative!

Coda is a robust software that has helped our company centralize all our internal documents. The platform is quite user friendly, allowing us to really expand the product features to meet our needs as an organization. The support and help documents are quite impressive, we used it to train our entire staff on how to efficiently use the product.
They have been responsive to feature requests, and the product has definitely improved in our time using it.

I still find random bugs quite often that aren't debilitating in completing my work, usually just a nuisance that will slow productivity.

Alessandro

Bewertet am 17.7.2020

Best do-it-all software for startups

Excellent

Coda is our go to software for the management of our daily activities, storage of relevant information and setting up tasks.

The software is pretty straight forward but still requires some learning as compared to something like Google Drive.

April
April
  • Branche: Informationstechnologie & -dienste

Bewertet am 17.10.2022

Coda my love!

50-50, I used to have a love-hate relationship with it, but now our Business Systems Engineer is showing me the good side of Coda.

How easy it is to customise Coda docs based on the needs of the People & Culture Team! Super love it!

Formats need to be easily customisable as well, if possible. Like we're currently using Coda to automate our People & Culture ops, and if it is possible to customise formats in the forms as well. Thank you Coda!

• Branche: E-Learning

Bewertet am 13.10.2020

My favorite!

Each user has a perfect soft made for him/her. I tested A LOT of apps! And I choose Coda. Actually, I used to keep in Notion, but Coda is more customizable, more friendly for collaboration and more integrated with other apps.
The principing is very affordable: if you want the full experience, you pay, but not your collegues! (if you are the only doc creator! they are still able to edit and write in the shared docs).
The Coda community is very active, I love the Coda Blog! There are so many possibilities...

The Android/Apple app is far to be pretty and functional.

Partha Protim
Partha Protim
  • Branche: Informationstechnologie & -dienste
  • Unternehmensgröße: 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Bewertet am 27.11.2020

Coda Review

There is no doubt that CODA is one of the best Enterprise software. They offer diverse packages to both small, medium and large Organizations. To sum it all up, if your Organization has plenty of money, then you can invest in CODA and enjoy quality support.

CODA is a Financial Business Tool. The support team is very energetic who offer quality training and expert support. The tool itself is very user friendly as it allows Organizations to build their own financial system platform. It provides a customized interface facilitating data entry, reporting, analysis etc.

The cost (especially for large Organizations) is enormous, considering that not all features/functionalities are required. The cost should be decided based on the customer requirements. There are other cheaper products in the market which might get the job done at a much lesser price.

Bruno
Bruno
  • Branche: Forschung
  • Weitere für Kostenlose Testversion genutzt

Bewertet am 10.2.2021

Excellent alternative for use as a desktop and virtual office

In the first half of 2020, on the occasion of my selection of which tool to choose to use as a knowledge base for my team, I tested Coda.io and was very impressed. I ended up choosing to deploy Slab because it suited my specific demand more.

Very powerful tool, which allows multiple possibilities for the creation of a knowledge base and virtual office. The strongest point is the huge number of existing templates and mainly the huge number of types of blocks that can be inserted in each document that is made. The cost is also quite attractive, making the cost-benefit of the tool as a whole excellent.

Although the interface is beautiful and elegant, due to a large volume of features, navigating the tool is a bit complicated, requires practice and even in the long run it seems a little unpleasant. In other words, it is not a tool as easy to use and pleasant to use.

Slab und ClickUp
Héctor
  • Branche: Finanzdienstleistungen

Bewertet am 16.7.2020

The best tool to manage my day to day

I run my proyect managament process, CRM and communication with my clients.

Very easy to use and flexible. I can easily create project-management docs, CRM, sales process, to-do lists and even a simple landing page for my clients. The automatization features are amazing and can save you many hours.

The formulas could be better. Also the Publish and design options could be better to create landing pages. More integrations.

• Branche: Möbel
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Bewertet am 21.7.2021

Sales Team Project Managers

Really easy to roll out after a few training sessions with our team

We’re able to see the time spent on a task with tracking. Also we’re able to see the list of completed tasks easily all on the same page.

Wish it worked with office calendars and more free plug ins but all in all great free resource for our small business.

Gianluca
  • Branche: Marketing & Werbung
  • Wöchentlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt

Bewertet am 11.12.2019

Coda is a serius PM tool

i love it

I've used Coda for some months in my team and it's similar to an evolved excel with a lot of great functionalities. I loved it cause it has a lot on template made by great companies, and it was free. lovely

Coda it's not so easy to use, not friendly at the beginning but the explanations are clear

• Branche: Marketing & Werbung

Bewertet am 23.9.2020

Excellent tool for your departments goals & projects

KPIs, Metrics, Project Planning and Reporting are now used across Coda, works perfectly with google drive and the app is great for a quick check as well.

The number of templates that are pre-built and available means you can set up projects for your team in a matter of minutes, well maybe 30-60 minutes but still a lot quicker than starting it all from scratch.

Perhaps when you first start there's a bit of trial and error and a few rabbit holes that make slow progress but once you get into a rhythm you can scale projects and goals across the company.

Pawe
Pawe
  • Unternehmensgröße: 5.001–10.000 Mitarbeiter

Bewertet am 5.8.2022

Organizing my documents and project processes with Coda

I love the features of Coda that make it a one-stop place for storing my documents and processes. Using it for a various tasks like creating data tables, knowledge sharing and time planning.

Some disturbing UI bugs that do have their workaround but make Coda a little bit less pleasant.

93 Bewertungen