Über Benchmark Email

• Branche: Non-Profit-Organisation Management
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Bewertet am 18.9.2018

My Review of Benchmark Email

Very good! Customer support responded quickly to my inquiries. For emailing your customer base easily and on a regular basis - this is good value for the money.

I loved the ability to design newsletters and email them directly to my subscribers. They have many different templates for you to choose from. The ease of use made my actual "writing time" for a newsletter minimal.

I used Benchmark when I first started in online business. It was very easy to use and the price was in my comfort zone. I then tried to set up a couple of "funnels" and could not do so (this was a couple of years ago - so time may have changed). I contacted Customer Support and was informed that the system I was trying to put in place was not available through Benchmark, that they were only for emailing directly. Unfortunately, I had to close my account and move on to a competitor that did allow me to build out my funnels for online marketing.

• Branche: Marktforschung
  • Weitere für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Bewertet am 24.5.2019

Easy to use platform

Overall, I am satisfied and will continue to use Benchmark . I started on a Free Trial and upgraded to a paid service. I plan on sticking to Benchmark for a quarterly newsletter and using to send invitation or special emails.

This platform is very user-friendly. It doesn't take much effort to get up to speed on how to use it, and there are many email templates to choose from so you don't always have to create something from scratch! I think it's good value for the money, and the support team has been very helpful in my experience.

There ares some features where I feel limited. I am not too experienced with softwares like this, so I don't know what's available....but I really wish there was a pop-up feature, where users could click on a button and it would connect to their email to forward a newsletter for example. I also have experienced some deliverability issues and have not been 100% satisfied with the response. I think with this and being a new user, it takes time to learn and develop the best strategy.

Typeform und Mailchimp

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Benchmark Email

I also use type form, but I don't use it for email. I have considered Mailchimp because it seems to be widely used (I see its logo often on emails/newsletters). I chose Benchmark because I like the look & feel of the website and some of the design elements.

Hello Andrew,

Thank you for the review and high rating.

Regarding the feature you mentioned, we do have a forward option for the campaigns you send. When you have a moment, log in and chat with us, we'd love to show you how this feature works and also how to improve your deliverability.

Beantwortet am 30.5.2019
  • Branche: Fundraising
  • Unternehmensgröße: 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Bewertet am 10.11.2022

Great customer service!

I'm impressed with how professional they are, as well as how accessible. It's not hard to reach someone when something goes wrong (which is usually due to my inexperience with their interface).

Benchmark is head and shoulders above our experiences with other firms. While the interface is not quite as intuitive as I would like, it is easy enough to master, and there is ample customer service to help along the way. I cannot say enough good things about the people I've dealt with there so far.

I did have a problem with importing a graphic, even though it was in a format normally accepted (jpeg). Haven't found the time to resolve this, but that's on me, not them.

Die besten Alternativen zu Benchmark Email

Belén

Bewertet am 8.11.2022

La atención al cliente es mala y no te dan soluciones

Cuando trate de comunicarme con el area de soporte solo se cierran a su contrato, cuando otras empresas te cobran solo lo usado y te reembolsan para canje en otros productos. No te brindan un libro de reclamaciones, por lo que simplemente se lavan las manos. Dinero perdido. NO RECOMIENDO ESTA EMPRESA PARA NADA.

En su momento cuando recién la utilizamos era útil, pero al día de hoy con tantas otras plataformas con mas funcionalidades, no vale la pena. Han subido ahora mas sus precios.

La poca funcionalidad y sincronizacion con otras plataformas. La atencion al cliente es pobre, no te brindan soluciones a problemas, solo te niegan la ayuda. Ademas que me cobraron un año entero (mas caro sin avisar) y cuando me queje 20 días despues (antes del mes) no me quisieron reembolsar el dinero. $321 al agua, cuando ya no usamos la plataforma.

Manuel
  • Branche: Unterhaltung
  • Unternehmensgröße: 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Bewertet am 30.8.2022

Email through this app is inexpensive and comes with an excellent user interface

When choosing an email marketing service, I primarily considered well-known tools. I reviewed the free demo versions of these tools when making a comparison. One tool in particular stood out above the rest: Benchmark Email. I started using it immediately without any need for a manual. Additionally, its price is cheaper than other domestic email sending tools. The reporting features are also easy to comprehend and understand. Therefore, I recommend Benchmark Email to anyone that has recently switched to an email marketing tool and isn't fluent in marketing automation terminology.

Email marketing consists of many different functions. These include setting up segments, measuring open and click thru rates and pausing delivery. It's also extremely cost-effective if it can create landing pages and is easy to use. Programming knowledge is not required to use these functions, workshops are held for this purpose. This app provides easy-to-use email software with a reasonable price. Even if you don't know how to use it, you can still create attractive emails with intuitive operations. The app makes it simple to view information like the open rate

Even though it currently has limited functionality, it would be great if the EMA tool was more than just a mailing list. I hope it eventually becomes the best tool that's more than just a middle-of-the-road tool like MA.

Zoho Mail

Warum Benchmark Email gewählt wurde

HTML emails through this system is possible without any domain knowledge. Additionally, many people report higher open rates for their newsletters since using Benchmark Email.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Benchmark Email

By comparison to the man-hours spent preparing mail for delivery by the USPS, two-thirds fewer man-hours are required. Touching links for post-delivery reports is easy, and these reports can be quickly viewed. This speeds up the process for people clicking on links as they approach.
  • Branche: Medienproduktion

Happy customer

Overall I enjoy using it very much.

Unlike other email programs, benchmark allows me to send as many emails as I need without having to pay extra. I think benchmark is one of the only platforms that allows me to pay on the basis of the number of records and add the number of emails that I send.

Sometimes there is massive delays in receiving test emails.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Benchmark Email

Because they charge you by the number of emails that you send. benchmark does not do that.

Hello Michael,

Thank you for your review.

Please don't doubt to chat with us if you're encountering issues with our test emails. We'll be glad to help.

Beantwortet am 31.5.2019
Noel

Bewertet am 21.2.2022

Easy to use email marketing software

Excellent customer service right from the get go

I like that Benchmark is clean looking and easy to navigate. You can create an email in no time.
I like the email templates.

I don't like that I have to create a segment to email a few people in my list.
Also my current website doesn't integrate with Benchmark to save emails. They said they were working on that feature, however. So not Benchmark issue.

Constant Contact und MailerLite

Warum Benchmark Email gewählt wurde

MailChimp isn't easy to use and has virtually no customer service. I'm a yoga instructor, not an IT specialist

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Benchmark Email

No fuss interfaces and easy to use for my small business. Plus I was connected with a very helpful sales rep
Abed
  • Branche: Psychische Gesundheitsfürsorge

Bewertet am 27.9.2019

Benchmark Email

No benefits yet

Ease of use. Nice design, Makes it easy to track performance

I have sent the first email yesterday. Out of 409 people, only 75 have viewed the mail so far. No one registered online yet.

One concern is that emails go to promotion or to junk.

Another, is that marketing for your software is misleading. Is started with the free plan thinking that I can upload up to 2400 contacts and email them. The free plan did not work properly, I was allowed to email 250 persons a month, and I wasnt allowed to upload the contact list because your check found out that I have more than 5% invalid emails ( I believe this is a policy to force upgrading to pro, which we were going to do after testing the performance of benchmark).

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Benchmark Email

My friends at my other job use benchmark so I would be able to ask them questions. Also it was stated that we are allowed to send 2400 email on Free Plan, I was surprised yesterday that I am only allowed 250 a month. And I had issues uploading the contact list which required that I purchase the pro vrsion.
Craig

Bewertet am 18.11.2021

An Antiquated Platform With Horrible Customer Service

Benchmark simply didn't meet our needs. Switching to Mailchimp was simple and one of the best decisions we could have made at the time.

The overall functionality of the system was adequate and did what we needed it to do at the time (2011-2012). System was fairly intuitive

Bounce rates would change drastically for no apparent reason. Customer support was of no assistance at the time and was located offshore, so they were hard to reach during our normal business hours. We rarely dealt with the same rep, which was time consuming as we had to explain our situation on multiple occasions.

• Branche: Unterhaltung
  • Monatlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Bewertet am 20.9.2022

Used for our monthly investor updates

Great! Just annoying to have emails go to spam.

I liked how simple it was to create email groups, template emails and email campaigns. It's literally the easiest one to use and I used MailChimp for a long time before switching to Benchmark.

My emails would often go to Junk. I even "warmed up" my email, but I still had problems.

Juan
  • Branche: Marketing & Werbung

Bewertet am 18.10.2021

Unlimited emails per day, this is how I summarize this efficient platform

In the company where we use this tool, we send between 10,000 and 15,000 emails a day, the most important thing is that at the end of the month there are more than 250,000 emails to our databases, with open rates always above 10% and with tools tracking, landing pages and many other functions we have always stressed that Benchmark Email is the best company of its kind in the world. Others much more recognized may offer the same, but at prices well above what they grant, so you will always be grateful with this tool

The main feature to highlight is the price (what they provide for that excellent price is hard to match for many other competing companies) and its excellent function of being able to send thousands of emails per day to my lists, without thinking that they will charge me extras or that my emails will end.

It will sound strange, but in more than 5 years of using this Benchmark Email platform, we have never had problems of any kind, they have always served us excellently, they have always offered us improvements at unbeatable prices and we have never had problems.

Zoho Mail und Mailchimp

Warum Benchmark Email gewählt wurde

The main issue was the price.

Marcy
  • Branche: Eventservice

Bewertet am 30.5.2019

Great list management and decent email software

Benchmark helps us communicate with our clients in a way that is both easy for us to use and easy on the eyes (for clients).

Creating and using lists is very easy, especially with the new upgrades! Adding contacts to lists works well with various options. I tend to upload excel files to make new lists, very easy within Benchmark.

I do like that it's easy to merge lists -- and that the software only accepts one contact (if that contact is already on the merge to list).

Somewhat easy to use when creating emails -- selecting blocks and design [but the source code isn't as easy to decipher and use (my commands do not seem to "take").] Using attachments and links and media is pretty easy as well.

The reports (opens, click thrus etc) are very good! [However with the new interface, it's not as easy to back-track to the original Email Report (I find myself having to choose again from the report list).]

I don't really like that I can't "re-send" emails on my own schedule (not have to wait 1 week after last send).

Also, emails from Benchmark DO get caught up in Junk Spam Trash Promotions folders of recipients and we do need to remind them (often) to check for their email.

Also, when "copying" an email to use and re-name as a new email, I do not like that the software selects the "old" contact list to also mail to -- I've mistakenly sent emails to old contact lists and that was not a good thing in my situation.

Hello Marcy,

Thanks for your feedback.

Whenever you have a moment, chat with us and let us know about your concerns, we'll be glad to assist you.

Brian
  • Branche: Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen
  • Unternehmensgröße: 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Hits the Mark!

We are a Provincial Health Authority covering an area roughly the size of France, and current health related information is critical to our subscribers. Benchmark resolved an issue of timely, wide reach that we had been trying to resolve.

The best part of this software is the ability to plan the reach in advance so our contacts are kept 'in the know' even when the editor is otherwise occupied with meetings, conferences, etc. We have three separate weekly and bi weekly going out to three different audiences, covering 2,500 individual contacts, and we can pre-populate weeks in advance and backfill where necessary at the last min, or just let the information go as scheduled.

The learning curve was steep, but short. We had a couple of false starts to begin with, but learned from our errors.
Line spacing can be an issue. Even when the preview shows single spaced sometimes the publication comes out 1.5 or double spaced - not a big problem for our use, but we get some calls from our constituents about "weird formatting".

Hello Brian,

Thank you for your feedback and great rating.

Chat with us to help you with the formatting of your email, sometimes something as small as copying and pasting can affect the format.

Beantwortet am 4.6.2019
Jaden Rose
  • Branche: E-Learning

Bewertet am 22.6.2022

Easy to Use Email Marketing

I think this is a good free software to use for basic email marketing.

I liked using this email marketing software when I was just getting started. It had a free and cheap first tier account. I used the forms to integrate onto my website. I also sent out weekly emails to my list. I also used some of the "light" email automations.

In order to use more complex email automations, you have to switch over to a paid tier.

Judith

Bewertet am 15.4.2017

Waiting For the Beta

I have used other email marketing programs. I chose Benchmark because I wanted an inexpensive option for a project for a client. I would say Benchmark is easy to use and easy to learn especially if you have ever used an email marketing program before. But like all software programs, it has its quirks and you learn to get around them.

But Benchmark's tutorials, FAQs and feature lists may not supply you with all the information you need. For instance, there are two email automation programs that each offer only one or two automated steps after the trigger. Nowhere in the documentation did it clearly state that only the Automation Pro, that is still in Beta, offers a customer's journey that you can use to send out more than two emails in a sequence.

On the other hand, don't pay for more than you need. If you blast out emails to a list of established customers with only quarterly sales discounts, or discounts for birthdays and holidays, Benchmark is enough. And Benchmark is inexpensive. But if you want to onboard various segments of your customers, educating them and eliciting their engagement, this is not the email marketing program for you.

There are two locations for live support, one is offshore and the other is domestic. The offshore folks are nice people but they mainly operate by rote. The domestic support gets it right, but I am still waiting to find out if a personalized greeting can be added to the Automation Beta. In my opinion, a personalized greeting should be a standard feature in a customer's journey. I don't know if it is or not and none of their stated info tells you.

Benchmark is easy to use. Easy to set up. Good for very simple customer outreach, i.e a storefront that collects emails and wants to alert customers to sales.

Very limited feature set. Not standard at this point.

Antwort von Benchmark Email

Hi Judith,

We appreciate you using Benchmark Email and taking the time to provide some feedback. Thank you for your kind words in regards to our ease of use as well.

We do, however, want to address some of your points in regards to our FAQs and tutorials as well as Automation Pro. Admittedly, our FAQs and tutorials are an area we¿d like to put more focus on. That¿s why we¿ve recently established a training department to help keep those areas better up-to-date and helpful to marketers. Our tools are constantly evolving and the support resources we provide must as well. We¿re confident this new department will succeed in this regard, as well as with keeping all support offices across the globe on the same page.

Your feedback in regards to Automation Pro is an integral part of the beta process. We expect new features to continue to be added to the automation platform throughout the beta period and after.

Again, thanks for the kind words and feedback.

Beantwortet am 18.4.2017
Hasnain
  • Branche: Telekommunikation

Bewertet am 31.5.2019

Great Service

The software overall is great. It allows me import the contacts I want in any way I want, create emails, schedule or send emails out immediately and even has analytics for the emails that have been sent out.

When creating an email, it is ever so easy. There are many templates to choose from and if you don't want a template you don't have to use one!
I can create an email within minutes as the click and drop feature allows me to have my email layouts exactly the way I want it.

Some of the templates I am unable to add things to. For example, there was a template with a blank space for aesthetic reasons. I would have much rather place an image in the area, however I couldn't. There isn't many negatives I can comment on this software as it is brilliantly done.

Hello Hasnain,

Thanks for the great feedback.

Next time you're working on a template and need assistance, let us know!

Amanda
  • Unternehmensgröße: 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Bewertet am 23.5.2019

Good but better customer communication needed

Overall, the program works well. Communication needs worked on.

The software is easy to use and offers a variety of layouts.

Over the past 12 months or so, Benchmark has removed several internal functions. No communication about the changes was shared and we did not find out until we had to contact customer service. Each time we were told that Benchmark now recommends third-party add-ins.

Hello Amanda,

Thanks for your review.

We will take your feedback into consideration.

• Branche: Unternehmensberatung

Bewertet am 30.5.2019

Easy to use and scalable

Email marketing , small business

Easy to use and very practical, code, 3th parts options, partnert programs

Sometimes emails go to spam and reports dont show exactly what happened

Price and technical support

Hello,

Thanks for your review. Please let us know what you need to see on your reports. We're always improving our features.

Beantwortet am 31.5.2019
Jeetendraa
  • Branche: Freizeit, Reisen & Tourismus

Bewertet am 24.5.2019

Best for email marketing

Its good and price effective.

Very easy to use.As you don't require a trained staff to work on benchmark.

More templates to be included. As for travels there are very few. You must include new templates in every 2/3 months. So that we dont use the same templates again and again. Also templates options for Indian Festivals.

Hello Jeetendraa,

Thank you for the review and high rating.

We will take into consideration the templates request.

Bewertet am 12.2.2022

Really good but expensive and complicated

- accurate statistics
- easy to use
- flexible design (emails looks good on any screen/device)

- price is too high
- pretty slow support
- it is hard to adjust scheduled emails considering all available settings (especially time zones)

Jessica
  • Branche: Non-Profit-Organisation Management

Bewertet am 23.5.2019

Easy comunication of our services and products to our contacts.

Is easy to use, and have a good team of client support.

The editor should be easy adjust to the client design, and i would like to know how to use all the tools but the informations or videos are in english and it will be good to have it in my own language.

Hello Jessica,

Thank you for the review and high rating!

Chat with us at any time and ask for our spanish YouTube channel.

Mohammed
  • Unternehmensgröße: 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Bewertet am 31.5.2019

Email feedback from

Average

Good for normal email campaign and good that BM has inbuilt list of unsubscribe and invalid contats

Not at all suitable for heavy automation no form for opt out like mail chimp offer

Hello Mohammed,

Thank you for the feedback.

Whenever you have a moment, chat with us and ask us about our Manage Subscription form and share with us other concerns you may have.

Ian
  • Branche: Verlagswesen
  • Weitere für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Bewertet am 13.4.2020

A Very Good Auto-responder That Fits My Needs

What I like most about the software is when I signed up it was free up to the first two thousand subscribers and still allows the feature of having an auto-responder on it. This is very helpful to someone when you're first starting out, as an independent self-published author you need something that can send a lead magnet/free gift to get people to sign up to your email list, a lot of the other email list providers don't allow for the auto-responder aspect unless you use a paid version of their software.

As of yet, I can honestly say I haven't found anything difficult with using Benchmark or that there's anything missing or needs to be improved on. It's hard to complain about the free email account when you're starting out.

Ranjan

Bewertet am 12.6.2019

Using Benchmark for last 8-9 years

Excellent - till a year back
Poor - since the last few months (just unacceptable)
Unless there is restoration of Benchmark used to be, we will stop using the platform

Ease of use ... pro-active helpdesk
This has been reason that we have been using the platform for so many years

There has been a serious deterioration in the quality of the platform. Delivery rates have dropped upto by about 90-95% of what it used to be. Frivolous checks have been introduced that even your helpdesk is helpless to explain. Currently the platform as good as useless for us and already we have started working parallel to other platforms where are getting similar results that we used to get using Benchmark.

All our emails through your platform is directed only to our clients or prospective clients who have signed with us to receive communication from us.

Hi Ranjan,

We're sorry to hear that you feel this way. Email is a constantly evolving medium and we work hard to keep our processes up-to-date with best practices to ensure deliverability.

While I don't have the information I need to identify your account and speak to the issues at hand, if you would contact our support team via phone, chat and email, we can review your account to see where we may be able to help.

Beantwortet am 10.7.2019
  • Branche: Umweltdienstleistungen
  • Unternehmensgröße: 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Bewertet am 26.3.2019

Benchmark Email is Indeed the Benchmark

Benchmark Email continues to raise the bar and continue to be the benchmark in terms of creating genuine email campaigns and automated emails. We are closer to our clients now because of this amazing platform

It has a drag and drop email design which makes it really easy to use. It is also possible to send out automated emails and personalized emails to help drive revenue. Their customer relations is also really impressive

Everything works perfectly in my opinion. There is virtually nothing to dislike

Hello,